Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 369 – The Dog on the Tuckerbox @ Gundagai


  • Narranderra – Canberra
  • 335kms
  • 15°c
As we pulled out of camp this morning I couldn't help but wonder how many enquired about the cheaper option. Once again we were surrounded my canola fields, how different our opinion is of them now, than it was 12 months ago when we first caught sight of these fields of yellow that went on and on.


Last night I was looking forward to doing a slight detour through Grong Grong today to see "The Big Guitar" (playable). However it was after we'd been on the road for about half an hour and I picked up the map did I realise that we had missed it! Neither Steve, nor I had remembered this morning and it was too far to back track, oh well, wasn't meant to be.
My disappointment soon disappeared when we passed the sign to Gundagai! I was so excited about going to The Dog On The Tuckerbox. Ella & Oscar couldn't understand what was going to be so good about a dog on a lunchbox and I still can't really explain it. Perhaps it's one of those great Aussie icons or maybe it's just nostalgic, I went as a child, probably a bit younger than Occy and I have a photo of us four kids in front of it. Either way I felt somewhat emotional being there?! 


Oscar wanted to buy the Ned Kelly hat for Skipper, but it wasn't available in his size!


Just awesome!



Crossing the state lines into the Australian Capital Territory makes it the 4th State in 3 days!


We appear to be camping next to a racetrack and I'm not sure what is going on when there is a car towing three horses?!


E.P.I.C Campground, $40 a night, power, water, amenities

1 comment:

  1. you TOTALLY should have stayed in the stables & sent Gav a pic!!! bwahahahahhaahahhaha xxx

    ReplyDelete