Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 14 - Eagles

  • Menzies - Mt Magnet
  • 529kms
  • 24°c
Look out, i'm driving!!
Steve decided I was ready for my lesson in Caravan Towing.  I was super impressed with how well the Jeep towed it, although i must admit I did not like the Wind Wobblies at all, it just comes outta nowhere and you have to fight it to keep her on the straight and narrow! 


I was getting the "Flying Vibe" from Steve and could tell he wasn't enjoying being a passenger so after my 5kms of being Caravan Captain I pulled over and let Ketut take command again!!
He assured me I was a "Wonderful Driver" but was just more comfortable being the driver.
That's fine with me, cause to be honest i'm more comfortable with Steve behind the wheel too!


Really glad we'd done the "ring around the Caravan" when this roadtrain went hooning past us!


Colours in the desert are a nice break from Red, Red, Red!


Finally we managed to get some photos of the Wedge Tailed Eagles that have been flying overhead!


They are larger than I ever imagined, the photos really don't do them justice. We were unable to get photos of the two largest ones we saw. The wingspan on one of them was as wide as the bonnet of the car & another one perched on the side of the road was about two feet tall.



Mt Magnet Caravan Park, $35 a night, power, water, hot, hot showers, dump point,  and a really cute dog "Bam Bam" who's hobbies include wearing sunglasses and riding motorbikes!


4 comments:

  1. Skipper and I are in Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwe of your Leylan trip..... How so very lucky you four are to be able to experience such a diverse and beautiful country. Give a thought to the people that never even leave their own suburb?? WTF!!!! and a thought to your Brother and Sister In law that so wish that they were experiencing the Karma Road trip of a life time with Rhonda & Ketute (how ever you spell it) you know what I mean. Love you 4 guts xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live Iin a truly amazing country! So glad we are out here experiencing it all. There's always a spot behind the karma bus for you guys! Get on the road and join us?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye's on the road Rhonda. It all looks fabulous and I have spent the afternoon catching up on the goss after being MIA in Fiji. I think I am up to date now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My....You know how much I tried to get those majestic birds in flight. Only managed what you have done a few times. Not enough to my satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete