Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 185 - The Big Banana

  • Trial Bay - Coffs Harbour
  • 109kms
  • 25°c
So it was time to leave the shadows of Trial Bay Gaol and head on up the coast a little bit further.



Woo hoo! One of The Great Bigs, The Big Banana! I remember the photo of my siblings and I standing in front of it when I was about 6, I swear it was sooo much bigger! Must've shrunk with all the rain? This and The Big Pineapple I think are the two biggest of The Bigs and i'm so happy we got to visit.


Oscar didn't believe me that it was a real lizard, so I slinked up to it and it shot off over the side of the deck.


How many people do you know that can say "yep, I've been inside a banana"?!


There was no sorbet for me, so I thought i'd go a bit wild and try a Ginger beer, mmm not too bad


Coffs Harbour is not the sleepy little town I thought it would be, there's a lot of development, shopping centres, car yards and motels on every corner competing for trade. The motels advertising signage proves that what a traveller really wants is the biggest tv screen! with each motel putting up how many inches their teles are!


Much to Ellas delight, among the shops we found Typo, where Occy decided it was time he got himself a pair of specs! Then it was home to make some sushi for dinner, well wasn't that a great idea! It took a few goes to get the right roll action going, which resulted in major rice spillage, they were yum but the verdict is, let's wait till we have more bench space to make these again!

As I sit here typing this, Ella has just come and sat with Steve & I and started a conversation about drugs, I had told them they could read for 10 mins before bed and Ella chose a book we'd found at a vintage store some weeks ago directed at kids about drugs. We had a great chat about it and answered her questions, I do believe that when they ask about something, that is the best time to talk about it.


Harbour City Holiday Park, $38 a night, power, water, amenities, trampolines

2 comments:

  1. I agree Bec, the big banana looks like it has definitely shrunk! Drug talk already - aargh!! We had a bit of discussion last holidays after watching a certain episode of 7th heaven, will they stop growing up so fast.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It used to be ginormous! At least if they're talking about it with us now, they will continue to as they get older?!

      Delete