Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 62 - Vintage Fest


  • Yallingup
  • 19°c
Another trip to Dunsborough and we found the most amazing place called Samudra.  It’s a “real food for life” café completely vegan except for the coffee and is mostly raw foods. It has it’s own organic garden out the back with an awesome yoga studio incorporated. 



We had the most delicious raw vegan carrot cake, Ella & Oscar tried an Iced Chai and I had a Hot Chai, they didn’t go down very well but was very impressed they tried. Steve had Kombucha tea which is extremely good for you and even brought a bottle home. 



 Later in the afternoon we headed down to Clancys Fish Pub to the Sou’ West Vintage Fest. The pub itself was a fabulous venue, really great atmosphere and huge gardens out the back  and a giant outdoor connect 4 game.


There was quite a few people dressed in the 50’s fashion and a few props about although I think I had more at home! They were advertising 50’s vintage makeovers and pin up photo for $35 which I was keen to do and thought that was a fair price until they explained that it was just hair & make up and a head shot and the clothing was for hire! I passed on that.


They had acrobats and a roving rendition of Danny & Sandys “you’re the one that I want ooh ooh ooh”! It was a really great afternoon.




Steve dealing out the Rescue Remedy. Lizette had given it to Steve when he had a headache at the caves, he just opened his mouth without hesitation and let her administer the drops, we had a good laugh that she could give him anything! I whipped up a scrap bag for Lizette seeing as she shares my enthusiasm (addiction) to all things crafty.

4 comments:

  1. I spy my flamingo's!!! Love the outdoor connect 4, looks like E&O had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want those flamingos! I think the outdoor connect 4 would be cool, along with the giant scrabble!

      Delete
  2. Ella and Oscar look soo big !! Looks as though it was a fun day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have grown heaps, looking forward to measuring them on Mama!!!

      Delete