Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 76 - Nostalgic Finds!

  • Mandurah
  • 27°c
After sleeping in till 10ish! we decided to be touristy and visit The Miniature Village, however on arrival the carpark was packed and then we saw a wedding car, so we decided tomorrow would be a better day. Seeing as we were already up and out we followed the signs to town centre which oddly led us to the beach? It was a nice beach but boy oh boy was that sand hot! We weren't prepared, no hats or sunscreen so it was back to the car and we made our way to the mainish street and found a street market.


This town has been seriously yarn bombed! Can't even leave your bike to grab a coffee! There was a protest march going on whilst we were there, (not about the yarn bombing!) so it was an interesting experience!


One of the first stalls we came across was Dvds $5, how this guy hasn't been shut down I have no idea. Lucky for us though, cause we scored big time, Buddies is an Aussie film that I can remember watching with my brother & sisters when I was about 7, can't really remember the full story but I know we watched it at least weekly on Dads Beta!! Chomps was another Beta video from that era! Now all I need to find is Slipper & The Rose! We also found The Wiz - with Michael Jackson & Diana Ross which none of us have seen, Steve found an all time favourite Bull Durham.


The local shopping centre promoting the spirit of Christmas!@!



Oscar happily watching his new DVD - Kangaroo Jack, twice in a row. Ella watching The Wiz & then The Pirate Movie - twice! Steve watching the cricket! A bit of sewing for me - what a great Saturday afternoon!


Looks like there will be a visit from The Tooth Fairy tonight, sure hope she finds us! 
Gotta love my littlest bestie dying my hair & what a great job she did.


7 comments:

  1. I like your hair dye out of the butter container, very natural!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me - all natural & super classy! , but I haven't gone as far as making my own as yet....!

      Delete
    2. I have the slipper and the rose but it is on its way to malaysia

      Delete
    3. Is it a good copy? Please please please send me a copy when you unpack.
      Then we only need to find Elvis & Me!!!

      Delete
  2. Look at Goldie with the Slipper & the Rose, l don't have one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you have the Beta copy? It's mine!!

      Delete
    2. Do l?? I am pretty sure you grabbed that right up and claimed it as yours ages ago!! :) ooooh and Elvis & Me? Yes please!!!!!! (complete with Henry doing the "elevis elevis"!!)

      Delete