Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 69 - It’s a vintaging kind of day

  • Bunbury
  • 30°c
I had set my alarm last night for 7.30am & as I was nearly asleep, I came to my senses and switched it off! I was woken by noisy neighbours packing up camp at about 8am so I got up and walked across the road to the Salvos Jumble Sale. This was my kinda place, they have about 8 storage sheds, a big courtyard & a hall that they open once a month and just make the prices up as they go along! I was very mindful of our current living arrangements as I browsed through all the goodies and believe I was quite restrained. (Steve may beg to differ!)  After looking through all the treasure I returned with only 1 suitcase and some books. On return to camp I was greeted by an unimpressed Ella, how could I go without her?! 



It was still early by our standards so I decided to make the phone call I had been putting off  - to Telstra! After being put through to a handful of different people around the globe and a number of departments I can happily announce: Bec 1 – Telstra – 0

We had been charged excess data usage on the ipad & mobile last month which they credited back & we were also nearly a gig over for this month, not even halfway through the billing cycle. No one could tell me what the high usage over two days of nearly 3.5 gig was for, but the lovely supervisor I finally got through to credited the excess charge and also gave me another 8 gig of data for this cycle! Thank you Karma Bank!

On that note we headed into Bunbury to check out the town and we found a couple more vintage stores! Steve scored the best – Again!


Back to camp for lunch, we have never eaten this well or clean and boy do we fell better for it! Then it was down to the serious business of being a kid, over to the playground where they met some other children, then over to the pool to cool off.



We had picked up the Tin can robot kit on our travels today & we put it together this afternoon. We all learnt that it is important to read & follow the instructions!



Dinner was delicious – salad consisting of purple & green kale, baby spinach, grape tomatoes, leek, garlic, chia & sesame seeds, and carrot & celery sticks with sweet potato hummus & nacho cheese dip!  and without warning there was a breakthrough – Oscar announced he now liked salad, very much so.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet looking pool spot & love the slide comments!!! (and l am guessing there was a certain pic in this lot meant for Gav??!!!!) xxxx Miss you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the robot - not sure about the mung beans though ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are sprouting our own - you will have to try, they are super yummy

      Delete
  3. Having trouble commenting - above comment is ours

    ReplyDelete