Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 339 – Hello again Western Australia


  • Vince Connolly Crossing – Kununurra
  • 453kms
  • 36°c
A longer drive today and Steve decided it was time I had some caravan driving training! I think Meagan has set the bar high, she has towed the van most of the way around Oz! I was very apprehensive after my last experience on the Nullabor, but I needn't have been as Steve has now got the weight distribution set perfectly so it was a totally different ball game! After the first fifteen minutes I think I relaxed into it and got the feel for how she tows and how wide & heavy it is, I don't plan on driving in any towns, but on the open road i'm more than happy for a stint in the drivers seat!



It was way too hot yesterday to cook up the rest of our vegies so we pulled up shy of the border and spent half an hour chopping, soaking and juicing which was satisfactory for our friendly quarantine inspector. Although we did have to relinquish our jar of honey as W.A. bees don't have a disease that the rest of the Aussie bees have.


The caravan park we first booked into had us on a site right on the river bank and down stream from the car wash bay, so we opted for a refund and moved on to another park. We booked in for two nights to give us a chance to have a look around and enjoy the pool.



Ivanhoe Village Caravan Resort, $44 a night, power, water, pool

No comments:

Post a Comment