Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 292 – Innot Hot Springs



  • Malanda Falls – Mt Surprise
  • 228kms
  • 31°c
A quick stop off to check out the old railway museum, not a lot to see but interesting nonetheless.




The Innot Hot Springs were on our list of things to do today and I was really quite excited about this natural phenomena! But I was not ready for the heat, we all noticed the steam rising off the water but not once did the thought "boiling water" cross my mind, perhaps in hindsight it should have! Max was first in and said it's burning hot, not taking much notice I firmly planted both feet smack in the middle of the steaming water and I swear I must've leapt 20 feet into the air; it was literally boiling water! I guess the two grey nomads and their dog sitting quite happily a metre from us gave us a false reading on the springs, after the initial shock wore off and we advised the children not to do it, Steve led us down stream to a spot where it was just nice! He and the kiddos had a nice bathe in the safe warm water but my poor feet marched themselves back to the van where the aloe vera awaited!


We arrived at Bedrock Village and after setting up camp, the kiddos were straight to the pool, of course! Once again to cold for a swim but nice enough to cool my still burning feet! After dinner we ventured over to the campfire singalong minus Steve who wasn't feeling 100% :( The kiddos had scored a spot front and centre and as we walked over they were clapping away so we thought this singalong must be alright?! We soon realised they were clapping because this meant now the adults had arrived they could go for a night time swim, as we were next to the pool.



Bedrock Village Caravan Park, $34 power, water, pool, fire pit, mini golf

No comments:

Post a Comment